Sunday, April 1, 2007

Message has been decoded


“Could you come to the same place? My daughter would like to talk to you, she is from #3 Senior High School. Why are you not at your place? Are you playing computer games? I cannot speak English.” This does pose a problem because I do not know when she wants me to come to the roof top again and how does she know that her daughter would like to talk in the first place. Lots of parents want their children to practice English with a native speaker. So it isn’t uncommon for me to be walking down the street and the parents give a little poke to encourage their child to say hello to me. It reminds me of the punchbuggy game, where the first one to spot a Volkswagon bug deposits a full fledge punch on the arm of the closes person. I remember driving in our VW bug and often seeing the outcome of the game as we would pass pedestrians on the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Natasha

I'm cracking up here reading your last post. All I could envision was the new version of punchbuggy of you walking down the street and parents punching their kids to speak English. Just struck me as hilarious.
LOL

Marilyn