Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Flowers outside & inside


It’s such a beautiful day today. Took a moment to smell the flowers and then decided that I needed some for my apartment.
The students are outside enjoying the sun, playing basketball, badminton, and hackysack. I joined them in their 3 on 3 basketball game and drew quite a crowd. My basketball skills from highschool a quite rusty.
I just saw the biggest cockroach I have ever seen. Yes it is, or should I say was, in my kitchen sink. Wanting to prove how big this sucker was I went in search for my camera. By the time I returned the cockroach was nowhere to be found. Now he is MIA (missing in action). He was honestly about the size of my big toe. Tonight I will be sleeping with both the kitchen and bedroom door shut and under the mosquito net just in case he decides to show up again.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Ewww cockroaches! I definitely had the same problem while I was there. They mostly were pretty slow moving and stuck to the kitchen, and I was usually able to kill them with my amazing reflexes and the aid of my plastic garbage can. I remember the time one went missing though, and I had the same fear that it would return in the night. Good luck!