Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Eggs should be neither pickled nor salted

Pickled eggs are the better of the two but still if al all costs it is better to avoid it. When the eggs are pickled they turn black and have a rubbery texture. The Chinese people like to add these eggs to their rice porridge. Now salted eggs on the other had are just gross. The raw egg is bathed in concentrated salt water, allowing the salt to soak through the shell into the egg. The egg is then boiled and ready to be eaten. It tastes like you are eating a salt block, not that I have tasted a salt block but I can imagine. The Chinese like it because it gives them an excuse to eat more rice, or something to that effect. I really don’t understand but I think I will stick to plain and simple boiled eggs. This is what happens when you eat too many salted eggs...
...haha...just kidding. I found the special effects button on my web-cam. Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Di said...

hmm, this gives twisted a new spin.
Have tried pickeled eggs and have to agree with you - Stay away!
Nasty!
Di

Anonymous said...

Wow with that lovely pic I'll be staying away from those eggs. LOL

Hope you have a Happy Easter

Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Yeah my dad has pickled eggs and they never tasted good. -Morgan

Di said...

Shanna says that this picture is Creepy Mommy. LOL Just thought you would like to know...
Di