Monday, June 11, 2007

Mesmerized by the Jellyfish

One cannot visit Hong Kong without visiting Ocean Park, a theme park and aquarium in one. My favorite was the jellyfish exhibit it was so peaceful to just watch them sway in the current. The lighting in each of the tanks also gave the jellyfish and really neat glow.
Ocean Park is divided into two parts and you have to take a 20 minute cable car across the side of the hill to travel between to two areas. The park has several different theaters or stages with many performances throughout the day. I watched the Amazing Birds and the Dolphin and Sea Lion shows.I also went on a couple of the rides but it is not the same when you are riding them by yourself.
The one ride that is my all-time favorite at any theme park was under construction. I will just have to ride the flying swings twice next time I visit a theme park, which I don’t think will happen anytime in the near future. The Panda Habitat was also under Construction, another exhibit I really wanted to see, oh well.


Lots more stories and of course pictures to come later.

1 comment:

Di said...

Oh, I so love the Jelly fish photos! They are always one of my favorite things to see at an aquarium. Great shots.