Friday, June 29, 2007

Canada’s Next Top Traditional Chinese Model

How’s that for a catchy title. Just over a month ago I had a photo shoot in Traditional Chinese style clothing. It was a neat experience. At 9:30 Jane, a teacher from the school, and I arrived at the studio. First we had to choose our two favorite dresses that we would be using for the shoot. It took some time, as there were over a fifty to choose from. Finally, we narrowed our selection down and made our way to the dressing room. Next, came the make-up, hair and nails. They thought of every detail down to the fake decorated pink nails with rhine stones, black hair pieces, black hair spray, for those who do not have natural black hair (like me), earrings, and a million jeweled hair pins. After being primped and pampered for nearly an hour we were turning into ancient Chinese beauties. The photo studio itself was in a large warehouse type room that was divided up into different scenes. It was quite dark and hard to see, but I guess that works better with the lighting and camera flash. While one of us was having our photos taken the other one was getting ready for the next outfit. It was a little difficult listening to the instruction of the photographer has he only knew some simple phrases such as “a little smile” and “Oh yes baby”. Unfortunately I had to redo one of my photo shoots because the had some problems retrieving the pictures from the camera. Luckily, they realized right away so I did not have to come back at a later date. 7 hours later, hungry and tired we finally fished our photo shoot. Well what do you think? Could I pass as being a Traditional Chinese beauty?





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW
Be carefull - we may loose to to abeau in China or who knows where with the traveling around you will be doing. You look great and I bet it was great fun. Love Nana

Di said...

Stunning. What fun! I heard from your mom about your adventures with your dad, have fun@! See you soon.

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness!!!!! Make sure you come home alone, lol!!!! Your hot stuff darling!!! Take care of yourself!!

Morgan

Anonymous said...

OK the 3 posts before me used all the words I was thinking:

Wow, Stunning, or no wait Gorgeous

Once in a lifetime Pics

Marilyn

Thanh Vo said...

WOW! These are pretty cool, Nash. You are a natural Chinese beauty. ;) I did one the last time I was in Vietnam... and you'd think they would include snacks in the shoot for you. lol