Saturday, February 6, 2010

NINE, EIGHT, SEVEN

I was once told by a wise person that if you want something accomplished to ask a busy person. A busy person is able to manage their schedule in such a fashion that they could probably squeeze in one more task and are more than likely able to accomplish the task opposed to a lethargic person. I am that busy person; but loving all the excitement, hype, new faces, planning, and stories that is accompanying my busyness at the moment. Right now, my days are filled to capacity as I stand on the edge of today with my hand held at my brow peering into tomorrow. Teaching, interim reports, Olympic volunteer, workshops, SFU course work, Field Study project and my to do list, along with completing the daily essentials for existent currently keep me breathless.

So when one is given the precious gift of a day they don't waste it. My volunteer shift for the Olympics has been canceled for tomorrow which means, I won't have to wake up at 4:00 am to pack a snack or second breakfast, eat a hearty breakfast, and get ready to be out the door for 5:00. It means I won't have to drive into the heart of Vancouver before dawn to the Burrard compound. It means I won't have to check in to my volunteer shift and hurry up and wait for further instruction. It means I won't have to study the streets and avenues of Vancouver from a 8 1/2 by 11 coil bound book to decipher which direction is east and west. It means that I won't have to sit and wait for dispatch to radio in the next passenger pick up. It means I won't have to eat a surprise sandwich and packaged cookie in the common area. It means I won't have to make my way home after ten hours of sitting on my tush and take a nap so I can enjoy my evening. All because I have been given the gift of a day. I plan on taking full advantage of it.

3 comments:

Di said...

Enjoy it and rest up I am sure you will be run off your feet and tushy the next 2 weeks..... Be creative!

Natasha said...

I so wanted to be creative but ended up cleaning my house from top to bottom, getting fruits and veggies, watching P.S. I love you and read a article for my course. My creative allotment has diminished for the time being.

afterthoughtcomposer said...

I saw you at the airport this morning!! I was just getting the girl at the doors to go get you, when you got into a van to drive! Anyway! HI! Too fun to see you in action :)