Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Eleven

The blue cast is now in position the sets are receiving their final touches, the camera crew are plugging in, the sun is about to rise, but we won't know it, and the world is tuned in...
...3,2,1
Take One.

"Burrard this is Charlie 1183, calling Burrard"
"Charlie 1183 this is Burrard go ahead."
"Burrard this is Charlie 1183, departing for YVR, picking up two passengers for 8:15 arrival time in bay 8, over."
"Charlie 1183 this is Burrard, copy that state once you have arrived over and out."

* * *
"Burrard this is Charlie 1183, calling Burrard"
"Charlie 1183 this is Burrard go ahead."
"Burrard this is Charlie 1183, I am departing from YVR with two passengers delayed 20 min and heading to OFH (Olympic Family Hotel). Do you copy?"
"Charlie 1183 this is Burrard copy over and out."

This is only one sampling of one of many conversations I have already rehearsed with dispatch using my two way radio system. I literally have to say Charlie because we are apart of the tier 3 drivers there fore we are assigned the letter "C" but the letter "C" is a homonym for sea and see, which could be quite confusing therefore someone assigned us with the name Charlie. I kinda of like it for the time being, not that I will respond to it, unless I am holding a radio with lots of background fuzz and have an important mission to accomplish.

This is Charlie 1183 over and out.

3 comments:

afterthoughtcomposer said...

I love that kind of alphabet and use it whenever I get the chance :)

cc said...

i heard the left are playing in robson square during the olympics

Natasha said...

This is true.
Have you followed any of their story lately?