Tuesday, May 29, 2007

So many choices to make


Another holiday is approaching and I have to make some decisions about how I want s to spend my free time. I know for sure that I want to do some sightseeing in another places besides Foshan or Guangzhou. I have narrowed it down to a couple of places.

GuiLin is known for its rice paddies, karst peaks and some amazing caves. These caves have several stalactites and stalagmites that have been forming for years.

Hainan is known as the Hawaii of China. It is a large tropical island just south of Hong Kong where you can surf the waves, soak up some sun, and visit the coconut plantations.

Hong Kong, a somewhat familiar sight, but is one of the happening places of China. During our last trek to Hong Kong we did not nearly do it justice, plus I want to check up on Ronaldo (see entry April 26). This time in Hong kong I would like to see more of the attractions and maybe climb the Tian Tan Buddha statue on Lantau Island or ride the historic Peak Tram to see the best view of the city.

So many choices and so many photo opportunities. Wherever i end up going I am sure that I will have some new photos to share once I return.

...but for right now I have to finish marking and teaching lessons to the students. Telling them about plagiarism did not go as well as I hoped. Even the teachers don’t seem to think it is such a big deal. The only things that matters is one University Entrance exam that lasts 3 days and determines which University the students are eligible to attend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey teaching them about plagiarism is important, even if they don't think so. At least you attempted to teach them and if they don't think it is important they may one day when they get caught and it cost them.

Oh what hard choices you have deciding on these vacations. Can't wait to see the pics.

Marilyn