Friday, May 18, 2007

A Rain Storm in 33˚ Weather

We experience quite the storm today, complete with lightening and thunder. The weather changes within minutes here. All morning we are sweltering in 33˚ humid weather then all of a sudden the sky becomes really dark and then the show beings. It is a really strange feeling for it to be raining when it is so hot outside. it would be more fitting if I was in a tropical rain-forest under a canopy of trees. It poured rain so hard that puddles were forming in the undercover corridors and hallways on the second floor. At a neighbouring school a window broke from the wind during the storm.
Today I had an open lesson with one of my classes. It is a opportunity for other teachers to observe different teachers styles and methods in the classroom. The lesson went really well and all the students were engaged. After the lesson the teachers have a post conference where they are able to discuss the lesson, ask questions, and offer suggestions. I have been informed that my teaching method is a mix of Chinese style and Western style and that I repeat the instruction more than necessary. I think I have a habit of doing this especially when a couple of my classes have some groups of students who are lost even after I have explained the instructions twice and provided an example. Picture of my lesson to come later after I have downloaded them to the computer.

No comments: