Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crafty


I am always in a crafty mood. I see something, get inspired, and create.  I saw these Christmas baubles in a store recently and decided to try and make my own version.  The white flock is fun to use and gives a soft texture to the ornament.  It was very difficult to photography due to the transparency of the bauble and my light source disappearing behind the trees.





Steps to making your own:
1) Cut or die cut a snowflake design onto double sided adhesive.
2) Remove one side of the adhesive backing and adhere it to the glass bauble
3) Smooth out any wrinkles
4) Carefully remove the remanding adhesive backing 
5) Roll the bauble in white flocking powder making sure it adheres to the adhesive
6) Brush of excess flocking with a clean paint brush
7) Attach a ribbon and hang on a tree branch

No comments: