Saturday, July 21, 2007

Since last time...

I have returned back to Foshan, my home in China, for a little rest and relaxation before I ventured out on my next jouney. Yesterday I met my Dad at International arrivals at the Beijing Airport. What a busy place, I can only imagine what a zoo that place will be next year during the Olympics when the athletes and spectators start arriving. Yes I am traveling around China with my dad. It is nice to have somone to travel with instead of being by yourself. I think I wore him out today though. We went for a 5 hour hike on the Great Wall of China. He was still getting aclimitized to the hot, humid, and smoggy wheather here. The Great Wall was a strenous hike as parts of the wall have been renovated and other parts are crumbling to pieces. The wall was build to keep the enemies out from the north. It took 10 years of hard labour from prisoners to build, but the wall never really did perform as its function becasue many of the watchmen were bribed by the enemies. The wall did serve a purpose of transporting goods for trade across China though. I have taken many pictures but unfortunately these internet cafe places do not have USB ports or they have restricitons about uploading pictures. So you will all have to wait with anticipation.
Tomorrow we are headed of to the Forbidden city and Tiananmen Square and in the evening the Beijing Opera.

No comments: