Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I am feeling enthusiastic

I love it when people are passionate about something and how their joy and excitement is evident when they are sharing. Not only does it engage the entire audience but it gets the creative gears in my brain turning just a little bit faster. I move closer to the edge of my seat, not wanting to miss a beat. I am torn between letting my creative mind wonder with all the possibilities that have surfaced and paying close attention being sure not to miss a second. Today’s workshop on Narrative Inquiry can be summed up my the above mention of feelings. Julia Leong lead a great workshop on telling stories using digital images. I was inspired by key concepts such as Point of View, art/o/graphy, creative expression, what’s it ‘good’ for, place, time, self and other.

The process: Take your camera off the automatic setting and play with the different modes. Put it into AV mode and increase or decrease the depth of field. Make things close up in focus and the background blurry or vice versa. Put it into S mode and increase the shutter speed. Have the camera snap a picture in tenths of a second or leave it longer for 15 seconds.

The process:

Trial #1 HI!

Trial #1 HI!

Trial #2 Handwriting

Trial #2 Handwriting

Trial #3 Natasha

Trial #3 Natasha

The final product:

Rocks

Rocks

Kudos to our instructor

Kudos to our instructor

The details: Dark room, pen light, backwards writing, S or P mode, slow shutter speed to 15 sec, two people one for each word.
iphoto editing: boost color, sepia tones

There are so many places to go from hear. Air Graffiti, story starters, picture boards, still motion sequences, images for school newspaper, picture books, Brown Bear Brown bear what do you see…, Where’s waldo, geometry/shapes all around us, leaving your digital footprint…

POV-Point of View…from my students…what do they see, hear, feel? I would love to explore this concept with my class in September. Perhaps give them a camera for a day and capture what is happening around them that has meaning. Possible Title: School wouldn’t be the same without…

No comments: